What we did last week:
We walked on the beach & collected sea shells & pretty stones
Made our own Christmas lunch
Hung out with Italians/Croatians
Took photos and …
then took even more photos
Went for a quick browse through Seville & Cordoba (more to come on this)
Had a bbq on the beach for New Year
Stole internet from the nearby hotel complex
Sunbathed (a lot)
Packed our bags for Morocco trip
Have a great New Year
Posted in LIFESTYLE, TRAVEL
Tagged christmas, estepona, fashion, lifestyle, marbella, new year, spain, Uk lifestyle blog, wiwt, women fashion uk
1. TRAVEL.-We love to travel, it has been our passion for years. It is travel that drives us through our busy summer months. Given that we are both photographers sometimes it’s really hard to balance both work and travel. Especially for hubby as he is always on the go to photograph this new happening and/or that new festival. Hence the winter is our time off. It is time when we re-charge our batteries. We don’t take any jobs on as we try to escape from the dull & grey Britain. As I write this we are on our way to Spain & Morocco…and our captain just announced 22 degrees Celsius.
2. CLOTHES- I’m a summer girl, born and raised on the beach and parading around in just bikinis represent no problems to me. However there is something charming about winter clothes. Maybe it’s because I grow up in really hot climate with average of 15c in winter. We really don’t have any winters in Dubrovnik! All of that however changed when we moved back to UK and I suddenly discover my new love for hats, scarfs and gloves.
3. WINTER COSY- well this is more a state of a mind than a thing. Getting into your warm slippers after a cold day out is just priceless? Isn’t it? How about burning a fire in your log burner? Catching up in your next door local with some mates (yes, we live next door to a pub) J over a warm cider? These are the things that matter to me and make me one happy bunny even if it’s -3 outside.
4. CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR- Oh the joys of getting into yet another year and thinking, yes I survived! And how many New Year resolutions do I make this time? 10? 15? 100? Make them last until the end of January anyway…and don’t forget the presents, a lot of presents. Having a Christmas dinner with the folks while chatting with Nan over a glass of mulled wine? My favorite! Watching bad telly? Yep! Singing Christmas songs on the radio…eating…there is too much to add…
5. SALE-s – Yes. You read correctly. Its sales that get my weak heart scream with joy, especially the ones after Christmas. Most of my bargains are from those sales. I hope you hit them already Unfortunately sales don’t mix well with travel so this year my love for travel wins.
Big Merry Christmas to all,
Posted in LIFESTYLE
Tagged 5 things why i like winter, berkshire, christmas, country house, country living, hand made, lifestyle blog uk, new year, sales, shoping, travel, winter, winter cosy