Its time for one of my favorite summer “get back to eating your veg again” recipe. This is a simple and strait forward recipe and literally takes minutes to make. Ideal if you have some friends popping in on you last minute;
For 2 people you will need:
2 medium courgettes (zucchini)
4 garlic cloves
2 red chilies (1 if you prefer it less hot)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
150 g tagliatelle pasta
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- In a large pan of salted water, put the pasta on to boil.
- Grate the courgettes/zucchini, chop or mince the garlic, finely chop the chilli and grate the parmesan.
- Melt the teaspoon of butter in a large frying pan and add the garlic.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and then add the chilli and courgette/zucchini.
- Leave to cook for 10-15 mins stirring occasionally. You want to cook everything but not really brown any of it off.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and stir through a tablespoon of olive oil
- Plate up the pasta and serve with the courgette/zucchini mixture on top
Dobar tek (bon appetite) like Croatians would say, x Ines